Thursday, June 5, 2008

Vent and Tag

Before I fill out the little survey thing Suzy tagged me for, I must vent immediately about "So You Think You Can Dance." (oh, this is such a lovely preview for the months to come.)

I. Can. Not. Believe. There. Is. Not. A. Single. Ballroom. Guy. In. The. Top. Twenty.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GAHHHh I'm so disappointed. Granted, there are some fabulous contemporary and hiphop guys, but come on, we're not going to get a single decent samba, rhumba, samba, chacha, paso, or jive this season from the guys! That makes me so angry! It's all up to Chelsie to represent ballroom now...

Anyway, on to the survey:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the game the player tags 5 people, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Where were you 10 years ago: It was a year after I'd moved here, and I was just starting to settle in...I think that was when I started taking dance in Jaylee's basement too.

Five things (that were) on my to-do list today:
1. Go to work. (check)
2. Watch "So You Think You Can Dance." (checkish...will watchall of it again with Jody and Kim later)
3. Put away clothes. (should go do that right now)
4. Mail a check to Andrea.
5. Get "Freakonomics" from the library (done, I even finished reading it this afternoon, I'd highly recommended if you want something intellingent and entertaining to read.)


Five snacks I enjoy
:
1. yoplait light harvest peach yogurt
2. those swiss miss 3 layer chocolate puddings
3. pretzels with pink frosting (yay Bowen girls!)
4. fruit and nut granola bars
5. croissants

What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire: Go to France for a month. Pay for my parents' home and buy one of my own. Furnish my newly purchased house with Pottery Barn furniture. Buy ballroom costumes, fly pros out for lessons every week, and get new shoes, lots of new shoes (ballroom, that is).

Four of my bad habits:
1. Like Suzy, I also have to check my blog, facebook, email, and all of my friends' blogs before I can get anything done on a computer.
2. blowing bubbles when I chew gum
3. cracking my knuckles
4. whining about things...like SYTYCD....or plane tickets...sorry girls :)


Five jobs that I have had
:
1. Research assistant!!! Yeah!!!
2. Sales associate at Macy's
3. Nanny
4. Dance teacher
5. Babysitter

Five things people don't know about me:
(some of these might be repeats from my multiple secrets posts...I'll try to come up with something original...)
1. I have scoliosis and as a result one of my legs is longer than the other. And it also makes my hips slightly asymmetrical, hehe.
2. I don't really like excessively muscley guys. Ew.
3. I just got new favorite baby names from "Freakonomics." They are Ansel, Asher, and Liam for a boy, and Quinn and Pascale for a girl.
4. I love going to art museums. Sometimes I walk through the performing arts building just to look at the mini exhibits they have set up in the lobby.
5. I love flying. I don't even mind airports or sitting on airplanes for extended periods of time (granted, the farthest I've flown is to NYC/DC, so you know...I've yet to really experience a 12 hour flight or anything).


5 people I'm tagging

1. Amanda (haha now you're double tagged)
2. Alyssa
3. Jody
4. Ashlan
5. Ashley

No comments: