Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If I play the girl, will you play the guy?

(I typed this up last night, but my internet timed out when I tried to post it, so I'm posting it today.)

Plug for my girl Ingrid:

Everyone should go see Ingrid Michaelson in concert in a city near you. Basically, she's amazing and my new favorite artist for which I can actually attend a concert (Kate Nash, the Chili Peppers, and Flight of the Conchords are probably all a little too sketchy to go to an actual concert). She writes songs with kinda quirky lyrics like OH MY GOODNESS MY INTERNET IS BEING SO FREAKING SLOW TODAY!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHh *not her lyrics, just my uncontrollable outburst* And by slow, it's still about a million times faster than when we had dial up about a thousand years ago, but still! I am used to a quicker speed here, you darn network you! AND IT REALLY MAKES ME ANGRY WHEN IT TAKES 6 MINUTES TO LOAD FACEBOOK. GRrrrrRRRrrrr.
Anyway, the page of Ingrid's lyrics finished loading, so I'll continue with my previous train of thought.

Quirky lyrics:
I woke up this morning with a funny taste in my head.
Spackled some butter over my whole grain bread.

I'm just a stranger, even to myself.
A re-arranger of the proverbial bookshelf.

I want to change the world...instead I sleep.

I'd buy you Rogaine if you start losing all your hair.
Sew on patches to all you tear.

Medicinal tongue in my ear.

And we are so fragile,
And our cracking bones make noise,
And we are just,
Breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

But as strong as I seem to think I am my distressing damsel,
She comes out at night when the moon's filled up and your eyes are
bright, then I think I simply aught to

Fall over, fall over, fall overboard, overboard.
Fall overboard just so you can catch me.
You can catch me.

Anyway, you all should go to imeem and listen to some of her songs because they are awesome. That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: