Saturday, June 21, 2008

Do I dare disturb the universe?

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau

I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
-Henry David Thoreau

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
-Oscar Wilde



Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—


I took the one less traveled by,


And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost

All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am here to live out loud.
-Emile Zola


Me too, Zola. Me too.

2 comments:

Ash said...

Oooh. :) I really like some of these!

Lancealot22 said...

Good quotes some of my favorites.
P.s. I think you do a good job of living out loud.