Monday, June 23, 2008

Violet Hill

About an hour after I'd written that post, what do you know but I get a phone call from Mike asking me if I'd found anything to do yet. He so kindly offered to take me to a dollar movie. My Saturday evening was therefore saved from becoming completely uneventful. Thanks Mike!

I have two confessions to make:

1. I accidentally stole the key to the p chem lab today. I put it in my pocket when I was running a tga, and I forgot about it until I got home. Also, I accidentally took home the SnO2 sample I'd just taken out of the XRD. Whoops.

2. I feel so much older than all of the graduating seniors who just got moved up into the singles ward. It's completely irrational and really stupid, but that's how I feel. I don't even know why, I know a lot of them, and I like them. I just get kinda annoyed because they seem so young. Does a year of college make that big of a difference? I'm inclined to say yes, but...I don't know. Meh.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Oh my galoshes YES THAT ONE YEAR MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE. Today there were tons of little kids running around campus but they weren't wearing EFY tags and I was confused until I realized they are actually STUDENTS here!--the ones fresh out of high school going summer term. And I was annoyed at them too. It's wrong, I know, because I was once like that (except I firmly insist that I wasn't), but that doesn't make them any less annoying. It's kind of weird realizing that I am no longer going to be the youngest age group walking around campus. I wonder what it will be like in fall...