Tuesday, March 18, 2008

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

So after two somewhat depressing and cynical posts, here is a happy one:

I like lists, so I'm making a list of things I like:
lists (hehe)*ballroom*French*chemistry*harvest peach yogurt*grilled pineapple at Tucanos*talking about plans for the future*reading Amy Tan and Chaim Potok novels*getting my hair and makeup done for comps*the smell of recently mowed lawns*listening to Kate Nash*getting mail*going to IKEA*studying on the 3rd floor of the BNSN*dancing dancing dancing*sleeping*jelly shoes*cardigans*headbands*big earrings*seeing movies at midnight*wakeboarding and boating*beating boys on tests (the next time I get a high score on a chem test I'm writing a blog called "Silly boys, science is for girls!" It's going to be fabulous.)*watching "Gilmore Girls"*acting spazzy*eating at the MOA cafe*cute cups and bowls*reading blogs*photos*traveling*lasertag*finding cool poems*learning something new in church*being with friends*the smell of fake tan and aura hairspray*rereading favorite books (ie Ender's Game, pretty sure I've read that one 7 times, and it still never gets old.)*buying music on itunes*trying out recipes*not math*playing Nerts*yoga*laughing at inside jokes*being in my apartment (as ghetto as it is...)

You know, when I really think about it, I love my life. There is nothing I'd rather be doing than going to BYU, taking the classes I'm taking (except for math 113), knowing the people I know, having the friends and family that I have, being on the ballroom team, etc etc. I like where I am. And if a D on a math test and no longer dancing with the same amazing partner that I at least got to dance with for a year is all I have to complain about, then that's really nothing at all. I'm so blessed. C'est belle la vie, n'est-ce pas? Life is beautiful.

5 comments:

kyliebrooke|s said...

me and my roommate recently made "happy walls" to stick on our closets, using paper and bright markers to write all the things that make us happy. i loved your happy list! :)

Ash said...

A Happy List! :) I love it!

Lyss said...

i am so excited for when you get a high score on a chem test! That is going to be a fun blog to read! haha! I love your list...i think i'll make one sometime. Life is amazing!
Loves!

Jody Lynn said...

I need a happy list too. Like Alyssa said, that blog will be amazing! The chem blog. Love you! Haha. I think we have all become addicted to blogs. Is this all we do with our time? Seriously.

Ashley said...

so true! im with ya on the i have so little to complain about. we're all so blessed!