Thursday, March 12, 2009

That was supposed to be much more enjoyable

Sometimes I'm glad that dreams are just dreams.
I don't really remember what my rational was when I decided this morning to sleep through religion. Was it worth it? Ummm...nope. I spent the next hour dreaming with a feeling of total creepiness and darkness. It wasn't even that anything really scary happened, everything just felt so off and unsettling...I was babysitting Meg's Russian cousins (pretty sure she doesn't have any...)while they moved all of their stuff into an elevator in the dance building on campus so they could move here, but no one was coming back so I could leave and go to lunch with Kim and Jordan, and then I was rushing to a ballroom comp at some high school where it was like small groups competiting on the floor at the same time (one guy and two girls, three girls together, etc). Our event was coming up, so I ran to get changed into the black latin dress I'm going to buy, but I couldn't decide which fishnets to put on- black or caramel? Then I realized the window was wide open, there were no blinds, and some guy with a camera was sitting in his car. I went somewhere else to get changed and realized I needed to go to my car, which when I got to it had some creepo guy in it who told me I had a nice car (well that's for surely a lie, I love my car and all, but it's like 10 years old), and then told me he was taking it. So I grabbed my coat and math book (I'm not taking math) from the front seat and watched him drive away. I went to tell my parents and they were basically like, "Hmmm, that's too bad." Then, I was someplace with arches that was supposed to be the chemistry building and I was handed a white envelope (that looked exactly like one of those dance scholarship envelopes) that told me I got a chemistry scholarship and that I got a locker on campus in some building I'd never heard of. That was happy and all until I found out my friend got one too, but not for as much, and she kept asking me how much mine was, and I didn't want to tell her because I didn't want her to feel bad...
And I wrote this immediately upon waking.
Apparently I am:
afraid of being locked into responsibilities
anxious about nationals and fishnets
worried about my car
nervous about scholarships

Hmm. Pretty much sums it up.

just kidding. I'm not that worried about my car. The fishnets though, that decision is freaking me out.

5 comments:

amanda said...

Okay, that's CRAZY!!

You'll do fine :)

Unknown said...

add me away!!

kyliebrooke|s said...

oh, katie, i'm glad you wrote this. i am obcessed with dreams, but i'm sure you'll do fantastically well at nationals.

Jen said...

Black black black. Always black. Black is hot. It's sexy. It makes your legs look amazing. And it's way more scandalous than caramel.

BLACK!

Ash said...

I agree. Black! :) And yes, you will do really well!

And this post was amazing. :)