Thursday, February 2, 2012

on goldfish and apple jacks

I bought one of those giant things of goldfish crackers at Target last weekend with three huge packs of fishys, and we have already eaten 2 of them. That dang box was supposed to last us a month! The same thing always seems to happen with cereal, too. I'll buy 4 boxes when it's on sale, and we'll go through them in a week and a half. I don't know how we'll ever be able to afford to feed anyone but ourselves.

Moral of the story: buying things in bulk is not actually cheaper for us. We just consume more food in the same amount of time. I would be frustrated, but, I really like goldfish.

2 comments:

amanda said...

oh, no, that totally happens to us too. Which is why I don't usually buy costco sized snacks because it just means there is MORE to eat in the SAME amount of time. ha! although we have made the wheat thins from costco last like...3 weeks? wow! (and there is still almost a whole bag left)

Nathan Cashion said...

I have the exact same problem. Either I eat too much (cereal, cookies, bread) or it goes bad (fruit, veggies, etc.).
The only time I buy in bulk is frozen foods, because I'm too lazy to defrost things all the time, so they end up lasting long enough.