Thursday, February 4, 2010

like a little seed

"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."

-Alma 37:6

This week has been really, really rough. And right now I'm sort of clinging to the hope that the fact that I gave up two hours of my evening going to the temple (small thing) instead of doing a number of other things that need to be done will help me get my presentation (great thing, as in huge task, not as in my presentation is going to be so awesome) done before 7 AM tomorrow.

My chem lit professor would cringe at the construction of that sentence.

Here's to having a little faith, for once.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

hang in there. it's so close to being the weekend. and I'll be up all night writing a paper, and I DIDN'T go to the temple this week, so I don't have that to rely on! Way to put the Lord first Katie.

good luck on your presentation

amanda said...

That's always hard but way to have faith! good luck!

Laura C said...

you will be blessed for the small things, even when they feel like big sacrifices.

Thanks for this. We all need a little reminder to have a little faith, sometimes.