Sunday, May 1, 2011

we'll be spending the next 4+ years of our lives in...


in case you have problems reading backwards (what the heck photobooth?), those shirts say PENN!!!!

We're sending in an apartment application tomorrow (hello $1600 rent, ouch) and we'll be moving out the second week of July. So! This means I must play with all of you before I leave!

I've already started planning our touristy east coast travels. In Philadelphia we must visit Independence Hall and see the Liberty Bell, go to the Rodin museum, and the Philadelphia art museum. I also want to drive out to Gettysburg. And Amish country! And Hershey, PA! Train tickets to New York, DC, and Boston are not too pricey, so there's another few trips! (this also means that you all need to come visit us in Philly and sleep on our really comfortable couch so that you can experience all of this cultural goodness too)

Any tips for things to do in any of those four cities? Restaurants, museums, etc?

Also, we'll be driving across the country moving all of our stuff, and I want to plan some strategic stops along the way. I'd like to stop in Nauvoo, Chicago, and maybe Kirtland. We'll need to stop somewhere between here and Nauvoo, however, and I just can't seem to find anything interesting. Any ideas? Favorite midwest cities? Is there anything in Nebraska?
How many times do you get to drive across the country, ya know? I want to make this awesome before we're $60,000 in debt and up to our necks in school and don't have time for this sort of adventuring anymore.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

4 comments:

amanda said...

sweet! well, if you like Philly cheese steaks, we found the best place when we were there. I love philly! I would definitely come visit! We also have great recommendations for DC (just read the blog, lol). We didn't eat anything good in ghettysburg (the whole group went to a nasty buffet) and NYC, well, there are many other experts. We did like the shake shack though! oh man, I kind of hope we move to the east coast so I can see youuuu. we need to play before you go. like more than once.

we stopped in nauvoo and it was awesome. between here and there, we just slept in denver. not too exciting. chicago would be cool too!!

Kristen said...

Hurray for Penn!! Congrats you smarties! I'm sorry about the $1600 rent, but that's the cost of living on the east coast. I guess it's a small price for all the historical and cultural goodness. I'm very excited to have a friend on the east coast, just let me know when you plan your trip to DC and you can stay with us! Greg and I need to visit Philadelphia sometime, so we'll come visit you too! Now we just need to get the rest of the Bowen 11 girls to the east coast...

Jody Lynn said...

hooray! i'm already planning on visiting you! so exciting!

~*Alina*~ said...

let me know when you come to NYC!