Thursday, May 14, 2009

I may or may not be guilty of quote stealing on occasion...

Salut from Connecticut!

We had mercifully short bus ride from Rahway, New Jersey to Bridgeport, Connecticut this morning. On our way we stopped in Westport, Connecticut, home of Martha Stewart and David Letterman. As someone on team said, "swankiest little village I've ever seen." Totally picturesque, had no problem imagining Martha running around with a box full of centerpieces or something. Almost paid $24 for a ridiculously cute headband at Banana (it came with a free 9 track download of some awesome artists...that was half the reason I wanted to get it), but talked myself out of it. If I still want it I can always get one in...Soho on Saturday!!! Woo!!! Free day in New York!!!

Anyway, here's what the title of this post is referring to (sick, ended in preposition, if anyone could come up with a sentence that avoids that, let me know because I could not).

"Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's ok though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, 'Hey girl, magenta!' and she's like, 'Oh, you mean purple!' and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, 'No- I want magenta!'"

- John Mayer

(so the magenta's not magenta...but...whatev, you get the point)

Thanks Josh for more reasons why John Mayer is awesome.

Peace out from the preppiest state in which I've ever been! :)

7 comments:

amanda said...

OH yes welcome to my humble state...:)

I'm so darn excited to see you tonight! And after you go to NYC, promise me you'll tell me where to go because we're going there next weekend. So, yeah.

Kellie Rachelle said...

Have fun in new york! I want to go back there so bad!
"Anyway, this is to what the title of this post is referring."
Sounds a bit formal, but doesn't end in a preposition!
Apparently you're seeing Amanda so give her a hug for me!

Suzy said...

Katie, I hope you're having a great time - when do you come back?

Laura C said...

Have fun in New York City! Be a rockstar:). and I love that quote times two now (i saw it for the first time on josh's blog, hehe.)

Jen said...

Westport is 20 minutes from where I grew up, in New Canaan, which is by far the coolest little town in CT. Its also five minutes from Wilton, home of Yoshie Akimoto, crazy intimidating piano teacher, and my second home. But yeah, all of southern Connecticut is really picturesque. I miss it so much. Have a great time in New York tomorrow. I can't wait for you guys to get back!

Josh said...

Ah poop. Kellie figured it out before I could write it down. Weird. It's verbatim.

And all I have to say is this:

"Quote Stealer!"

.... .... ....
........ okay, and this:

.... miss you....=(

~*Alina*~ said...

K Andrus,

I tried looking for ya to say hi after the show but I couldn't find you. :( I hope you enjoy NYC. Let me know if you need a tour guide!