Thursday, May 7, 2009

half full :)

I've realized a few things while being on tour:

I adore old houses. It's been so fun to drive through residential neighborhoods and see adorable houses painted all sorts of interesting colors. I'm thinking I would love living in a yellow house. Doesn't that just sound so cheerful?

I also adore the midwest. I think the landscape is so beautiful out here. As we travel from state to state, I keep thinking to myself, "Hmm...yeah, I could live here." Bring on the fireflies, thunderstorms, and cornfields, baby!

I adore sending snail mail. Buying $8 of stamps was totally worth it because I've been buying all sorts of postcards and normal cards (I realized I'm missing Mothers' Day, my roommate's birthday, my mom's birthday, and my sister's birthday while on tour). It's give me such a kick to write to people by hand. So much more personal.

I adore going to church history sites maintained by the LDS church. It was so interesting to me going from the Kirtland temple (which is owned by the Community of Christ aka RLDS church) to the rest of Kirtland like the Whitney store, the sawmill, ashery, Whitney home, etc (owned by the LDS church). There was such a different spirit about it! I loved walking around the rest of Kirtland. The temple was beautiful and everything, but it just wasn't the same to me...
Granted, I am biased in a major way. But there was something different between the two sites (sights? have been debating all week about the proper word choice)...

I adore Josh Cluff. And that's all I have to say about that. :)

Peace out from Ohio, friends!

7 comments:

amanda said...

cuuuute. and fun! :)

Diane said...

way to be a cup half full gal!!!! :)

The midwest has awesome, scary weather and sometimes I miss that.

Kimkidoni said...

Thanks for the postcard Katie!!! It was a surprise because I completely forgot that I gave you my address.

Also, I might be biased, but the Kirtland temple was one of my favorite places to see. My reason was because our tour guide knew the other tour guide, so we got to sing "The Spirit of God" in the temple. It was something that NO ONE gets to do. It was one of the most amazing spiritual experiences I've had. It may be owned by another church, but it was still dedicated to the Lord.

P.S. I think that sites and sights can both apply.

Kellie Rachelle said...

Fun stuff! And you use "sights" when you're saying a general statement like "seeing the sights"but in your case I'm pretty sure you use sites, talking about actual locations. Does this mean I'm getting a card? :)

Laura C said...

I love snail mail. And postcards are my favorite kind of souvenirs (mostly because they are cheap, and have pictures:))

Jody Lynn said...

Thanks for the postcard also! I loved receiving it...made my day. I'm hoping one day I can take a church tour and see all these sites/sights (?) someday.

Love you!

Josh said...

.... more than words can say .... miss you ....