Friday, May 30, 2008

More Secrets

The music I rattle off as my favorite is not what I generally listen to when I'm by myself (actually, except for John Mayer, I do listen to him when I'm alone). I listen to obscure lyrical music mostly. Ingrid Michaelson's my new obsession.

I nearly faint when I get shots or give blood. I'm not afraid of shots or needles actually, (and that really is the honest truth, thinking about them does not freak me out at all) but my body freaks out and I get light headed and start seeing black spotches everywhere.

I never feel not hungry. Ah, that was awkwardly phrased. I'm always hungry. I can always eat more food if I want to, or if it's sitting there.

I look at the calories and then eat it anyway.

Unpainted toenails (my own, not other people's) bug me. Even if the polished is almost entirely chipped off and all that's left is a teeny speck of pink on my big toe, it's better than nothing at all.

Sometimes I think about my dead grandpa and wonder what he thinks about what I've done with my life.

I tend to not say enough.

I hate turning on the lights when it's really sunny outside. I'd much rather open the blinds because natural light is so much nicer than artificial.

I don't have a problem with silence. If the conversation's slowing, I'll probably let it die.

I love IKEA! Every time I go, I pick out a bunch of things to get and then as I get closer and closer to the checkout, my cart gets emptier and emptier as I think, "Well, I guess I don't really need this..."

Which leads to the next thing. I love getting new things, but I hate spending money. I'm pretty good at talking myself out of purchases.

No comments: