Friday, November 27, 2009

colors of the wind

This is a day late, but I am thankful for:

The Gospel.
Where would I be if I didn't understand who I was, where I came from, the purpose of life, what happens after I die, and how to achieve happiness? How grateful I am to know these things! How grateful I am to a God in heaven who knows me as an individual, is concerned about my well-being, answers my prayers, and blesses me with all the other things for which I am thankful. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and for His atoning sacrifice, for the fact that I can be forgiven of my sins and return to live with God again.

My Family.
Yesterday all of my mom's side of the family got together at my grandparents' house for dinner and games. We went around and each said three things we were thankful for. I was having a hard time keeping back tears, because I love these people so much. They have been such a tremendous support and example to me in my life. I can't even begin to express how much my parents have done for me, and how grateful I am to them for the way they've raised me.

School.
I feel so blessed to be attending an excellent university and to be studying the subjects that I love. I am so blessed to have so many opportunities! I get to work in a research lab, I get to learn about quantum mechanics and French literature, I get to learn everything from how to problem solve effectively to how to dance the samba properly. It just blows my mind by how much knowledge there is out there to be gained, and how readily available it is to me.

Friends.
I could not ask for better people to associate with. I look at the people my friends have become and what they are doing with their lives, and I am just amazed. I know that you will all go on to do great things with your lives, and I feel so privileged to have been a part of that. Thank you all for your encouragement, your advice, your willingness to do crazy things with me, and everything else. You are amazing people.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Kellie Rachelle said...

I love you Katie! I'm very grateful for your friendship.