Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pas Si Simple

Gah, I hate coming back from trips. I hate unpacking, I hate having to wake up on time again, I hate returning to the same old. I hate the let down of knowing it's over, you're not going to go watch that amazing Russian couple dance tonight, you won't see Katusha's perfect reverse wave. Just as you get all excited and hyped up on ballroom, you have to come home and start thinking in numbers and figures instead of feelings and movements. Everytime we go to a huge comp like this someone always says, "They're great dancers and all, but this is their entire life. I don't envy them at all." And you know what, sometimes I disagree. I wonder what it would be like to live ballroom just for a little while. When I'm not thinking about anything, I'm thinking about ballroom. I'm planning my next dress or how I'm going to do my hair for the next comp or what I'm going to do to improve that back break in rumba. I love it. I love it. I love it.

It kind of scares me to think I'll have to give it up someday. I don't know how I can.


P.S. Way to go McCain on the VP pick. We'll see how much the liberals are for a woman in the executive branch when she's a conservative. :P

No comments: