Wednesday, August 11, 2010

be my escape

Yes, this post is another blatant plug for another event in The Valley.

BUT.

I've been having one of those rediscovering Relient K moments recently, because every morning I attempt to "work out" in my little room at the youth hostel here, and their songs are really great tempos for doing crunches and running around in little circles as you do "cardio". Anyway, so just about five minutes ago I was like, hey, I wonder if they have any shows coming up, because I swear like every summer they're here and I go to their concert and it's so awesome. I checked their website, and what do you know, their very next show is at Thanksgiving Point.

And! It's not only them, they're playing for the Candlelight Serenade Acoustic Festival which is also featuring a ton of other artists, including two I've been obsessed with lately, namely
Priscilla Ahn and Chris Carrabba (of Dashboard Confessional fame)

August 21st, from 10 AM to 11 PM, with people playing all day.
Only downside is cheapest tickets are $40 ($35 with a Costa Vida/Spoon Me discount card)...
and I already have plans to go boating that day.... (Priscilla's playing at 4:00)

AHhhhhh...I am so freaking tempted to go!

I mean, look how cute they are.

Click for more info!

3 comments:

Jody Lynn said...

NO. you must go boating. it isn't an option. haha. we'll be home by 3:00 p.m. though, because i have a derby to go to that night. haha.

Kellie Rachelle said...

I LOVE PRISCILLA AHN!!!

Ashlan Belliston said...

I never know what events are happening anymore (that's what Mike's for... Ha. :P ) BUT, October 2nd (I believe that's the date anyway..) there's going to be an amazing concert (bands still to be announced) down in PG area. Live music, vendors, the whole enchilada. Everyone has to come!! It's a benefit concert to help Nikki and Steve, and it'll be freaking awesome! ;)
(I'll keep everyone posted, but I am just SOO excited I couldn't hold it in!)