Sunday, February 1, 2009

You take the sine of one, add 36 and subtract the atomic mass of carbon.

It's so funny how random things spread like wildfire on facebook. I was tagged by five different people, so I figured I might as well give in and write 25 things about myself...the hard thing is though, I talk so much about myself anyway on this blog, so it's hard to come up with something I haven't already posted for the entire world to read.

25 ThInGs AbOuT MOI in the format of an iTunes essentials playlist:

The Basics:
1. I can't leave my house in the morning until I've had at least something to eat for breakfast. I prefer yogurt with granola and cereal (Honey Nut Chex, Multigrain Cheerios, and Honey Bunches of Oats are my favorites), but even if it's 6:50 and if I don't leave immediately I'll be late for team I grab a granola bar or stick cereal in a ziplock bag. Breakfast is mandatory.

2. If I had to do something sporty (which I never, ever do of my own free will), I'd be a tennis person or a track person.

3. Slow internet makes me psychotic.

4. It makes me smile when I wear unmatching socks (and I do it frequently because I get dressed in the dark every morning...thank you 7 AM rehearsal).

5. Once upon a time in my pre-college life I won three national ballroom titles. It was awesome, but not as fulfilling as you'd expect.

6. I'm such a nerd. I think it'd be really funny to name my future daughter Naome and then we could call her sodium methoxide or sod or oxide for short (or not for short seeing as sodium methoxide is longer than Naome...we'd call her that for nerdiness' sake.)

7. Superlatives: I'm the oldest in my family, the tallest girl on the latin team, and the most likely to take chemistry flashcards to a Relient K concert (true story).

8. I have around 6 best friends.

9. I devour books. I can't slow down enough to read every word, I have to skim and speed through them so I can know what happens. Often this leads to missing key pieces of plots, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Next Steps:
10. I really, really like doing better than boys in my science/math classes, and better than returned missionaries in my French classes.

11. BUT, I am not a feminist because they are crazies who basically want to be men.

12. (ok, so this is something I think I've typed up on here before, sorry) My favorite smells are things most people find pretty disgusting: fake tan, rhinestone glue, and aura hairspray= the essence of my ballroom experience

13. I don't have a strong opinion on a lot of things, but the things on which I have strong opinions, I have STRONG opinions.

14. I'm not argumentative at all. I'm not easily offended. I rarely get mad at people themselves, it's usually just situations or things that get me angry. And even then, it has been a long time since I have really been ticked off.

15. It would be so great if I could go to an IKEA in Sweden.

16. It would be even better if I went there after having spent half a year in France.

17. I had a root canal done on one of my front teeth without any anesthesia. It makes for a really good dentist horror story.

18. It totally makes my day when I find out someone I know has a blog they update regularly. I love reading about people's lives...I've definitely been guilty of blog stalking...

Deep Cuts:
19. I try to do it all. I can't remember if I've already written this on here either, but sometimes my life feels like an ever-expanding game of twister. My right foot's on chemistry, my left hand's on ballroom, my left foot's on French, my right foot's on church and family, and they're all pulling me in different directions and I'm stretching to stay on top of everything, and eventually the game will be over and I will fall.

20. I like being dramatic while blogging.

21. I don't really think I'll fall, because I really do believe in myself. Time after time, if I've put in the work and have done everything I can and have left the rest to God, it works out for me. Somehow, with God's help, things always work out.

22. I've never had to pay tuition. And I don't ever plan on doing so.

23. I like to toy with ideas and then never do anything about them.

24. When I was a senior in high school I was so frustrated with my AP chemistry class that I threw my text book at my wall. The wall got a nice dent in it, and both covers fell off the book.

25. Hmm...not sure how to phrase this, but I like being the only girl hanging out with a bunch of guys. It doesn't happen very often, but I like it. Like the time we floated down the river in freezing cold weather and I was the only girl who was brave/crazy/whatever enough to do it. I like that.

Greatness, that took forever to write. Hope you feel more enlightened about me. :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

"25. Hmm...not sure how to phrase this, but I like being the only girl hanging out with a bunch of guys. It doesn't happen very often, but I like it. Like the time we floated down the river in freezing cold weather and I was the only girl who was brave/crazy/whatever enough to do it. I like that."

AMEN.

Welcome to my entire existence. It's the best. In a smug sort of way.

Tito said...

Wow, I wouldn't think of you as feministic at all. Not in the least degree...but I think we've had this conversation before:) I would update my blog more, but truth is, a lot of the blogs I have written are stashed away in my computer...After re-reading them I always deem them too personal for everyone to read...:)
p.s. I think it was pretty sweet that you floated down that river with us:)

Ash said...

Haha. Katie, I love you. And I will forever remember and admire you for that Chemistry book fiasco, because it was so out of character and unexpected, it was just fantastic to hear about.
Have a fabulous day, or week, and I suggest we spend a night and go to Spark's or Maestro's or whatever that place you went to was called and that I want to go to.
Love you and miss you! :) Mwah! <3

Suzy said...

I love it Katie! Thanks for spending the time to do that.

Kimkidoni said...

Ha ha ha! I remember that textbook thing. It was great. Also, you would name your daughter after gross chemistry.