Monday, November 10, 2008

Wordplay

I had this idea.

I used to write down words all the time when I was reading that I didn't know or wasn't exactly sure what the definition was and then I'd look them up later. BUT, I never actually used them in conversation after that, so I never remembered what they meant. This is what I'm going to do: I'm going to make a list of seven words that are really cool (either in meaning or sound) and then use one each day in conversation randomly. Then, I'm going to write up a blog post for each of them describing how I used the word and the weird looks people gave me.

Fun, no?

Yay for boggle/scrabble/reads "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves" (highly recommend it if you're into punctuation) grammar nerdiness!

Anyway, if you have any interesting words you'd like to suggest...well...be my guest. :)

3 comments:

kyliebrooke|s said...

i got a word-a-day calendar, which i love, but i never remember the words, either! :) good luck!

Ash said...

Haha. Yeah! I'm excited! Let's hear these words!! :)
If I come across anything cool I'll let you know. ;)

Kimkidoni said...

Brilliant idea Katie. I probably should do the same thing because I get the word of the day e-mails from dictionary.com, but I never use the words, so I don't remember them. Anyways, love you tons.