Friday, September 5, 2008

Knowledge is Power

The Back to School Run Down:

Team- I love, love, love it. Sorry for my earlier whining.

French- Small class, great subject. I really like the professor, and his accent is incredibly beautiful. There are quite a few return (or returned?) missionaries like I was fearing, but I'm excited all the same. I miss speaking French souvent, alors si vous parlez francais et vous voulez converser (I think I just made that verb up) avec moi, telephonez a moi! :)

Organic Chemistry- HUGE lecture class, small recitation section full of pre med/pre dent/ pbio etc. I miss my chem major friends! The professor is really a great lecturer though, so I think I'll enjoy it. Plus I have friends in the class....not chem majors...but still cool people. :)

Chemical Safety-super easy class I've heard. The professor is totally chill, and we get to do stuff like clean up mercury spills and start fires (so we can put them out).

Physics-also a huge class. The professor is French and speaks with a strong accent, and I can't help but smile the whole time. I love it! I think that'll help me stay awake. I'm nervous for the subject, though....have never taken physics in my life. BUT I know people in the class, so yay for study groups.

D&C- really like my professor. We don't have hardly any busy work, we just have to read well, the D&C, the student manual, and various conference talks he gives to us in addition. He has really interesting lectures, too.

Latin/Standard situation-well....I still haven't taken Gold II Latin, and that's what I got put in (which is slightly embarrassing, not just for me, but for the tour team as well seeing as I'm on the latin team and in the 3 couple chacha). And I'm in Gold Bar Standard (thank goodness).
I may see how long I can go without taking a latin class before someone gets mad at me. hehe.

It's going to be a great year.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

K.T.!! Looks fun. Hey who is your D&C teacher - I love mine too. (I have Perkins.)

Ash said...

Yay! :) I'm glad you're enjoying school!
What's your schedule like? We need to meet up for lunches and stuff. :)
And I still need to see your apartment. :)

Jody Lynn said...

:) What a busy girl you're going to be. We'll definitely have to schedule some time in for girl chat! Good luck this semester!

Ashley said...

yeah your D&C teacher sounds just like mine, and i like him too! Do you have Perkins?

Katya said...

Oh my greatness girlies I totally have Perkins! Do either of you have it at noon tues/thurs?