Saturday, November 24, 2012

praise god from whom all blessings flow

Last week in church was a little unconventional. Since it was the week of Thanksgiving, our branch president asked a bunch of people to come up and share what they were thankful for, but in their native language. We had people come up and talk in Tagalog (Philippines), Tamil (Sri Lanka), Vietnamese, Mandarin, and Italian. And that wasn't even all of the people from different countries in our branch! It was really neat. I don't know why, but I especially liked the testimony of the sister who spoke in Mandarin. Obviously, I couldn't understand the words she was saying, but as tears rolled down my cheeks I understood the spirit of what she was saying.

Because of ballroom, I've had the chance to go to church all over the US and a few countries in Europe. I'm always struck by how it's more or less the same everywhere you go. It's the same doctrine, and we're all just trying to do our best to be like Jesus. I think that's really powerful, and this week, I'm really thankful to belong to that kind of an organization.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww :) I speak Mandarin but I don't know any gospel terms...