Thursday, August 9, 2012

don't flash that "organic" food around children of an organic chemistry professor

From my sister's latest mission email (she's in SoCal where there are a lot of "organic hippies"):

"People keep telling me there philosophies about chemicals in plants and sunscreen and whatever else. It takes all the strength in me not to sass 'my father is a chemist and if some chemical in the food i eat or the sunscreen I use was going to cause harm to my temple of a body he would let me know, thank you for your un-educated opinion.' "

We are definitely related.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Haha she's awesome!

amanda said...

haha!!! I love that. you go girls. also, is there a blog or email of becky's letters? I need to write her but if her letters are public then I'd love to read 'em!

So I have a q I'll have to message you. :)

Kristen said...

Whenever I meet someone who is all into organics/natural food or products I think about what you told me back in our Bowen days. My mind set since then has been 'Katie knows what's up with this chemistry stuff so if she says the non organic/natural stuff is fine then it's fine.':-)