Monday, October 25, 2010

[600] posts of katie

This little Dell Inspiron on which I'm currently typing has been through a lot with me. It was a graduation present the summer before I started college, and it's lasted me through the past three years without much complaint. But...it's getting slow.
And the battery life is non-existent.

And THIS is just soooo much prettier:


So...instead of buying myself a new $40 battery, I'm thinking maybe it makes more sense to just cough up $1200 for a macbook.
Smart financial decision right?
Maybe if I needed it to last me through 5 years of grad school? And maybe if I bought it for myself as a "congratulations you survived two GRE tests in less than 2 weeks" present? (assuming I will survive both tests in less than a month...ohmygosh)

Thoughts?

11 comments:

Lyss said...

I think that if you can go through two GRE tests and survive you definitely need a mac book or a present for doing that.

do it. do it. do it.

amanda said...

MacBook MacBook MacBook! I love mine, though my battery lasts approximately 4minutes when it's not plugged in, but it is five years old. And I just leave it plugged in. I love love love macs. 2 tests? You're crazy!

Jody Lynn said...

katie, if anyone deserves this, it's you. go for it!

Matt Chandler said...

I love my macbook pro. I have the baseline one (the pro though, not just the macbook) and I don't think there's anything you'd need / want to change about it. They probably won't come out with new ones until May-ish so you wouldn't have to worry about buying one and then having it be old right away. Also, just fyi, apple.com has an education discount that should knock (I believe) $100 off the price. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the link; it's really easy to do.

Also, feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I know a decent amount about computers generally and have been following macs fairly closely for the past few years.

The Kelly's said...

Doooo it!!! As a congratulations to yourself, to surviving the last three years (I just typed tears on accident haha) of you doing three freaking majors, to getting engaged (and married!) and, well, just being awesome!!



Ps. I see you!

Laura C said...

super super super jealous.

I want one so badly. Maybe someday I'll buy myself one as a "you finally saved enough money to buy a new computer" present :)

Nathan Cashion said...

Katie, you DEFINITELY deserve a MacBook. And you will LOVE having one after your Dell. It's just the thing when you need a creative outlet.

Let me know if you have any questions about buying one... cause, you know, I'm a genius about these things.

:-)

ellen said...

I just emailed your mom and it bounced. Can you send me her email? Thanks, ep (patton_ellen@hotmail.com)

Test said...

Hahaha, Katya! Just reading this post and knowing how long you've wanted one made me break into a huge smile! You probably deserve one anyway, right?

Diane said...

Yes of course you deserve one! Buy it!

Ashlan Belliston said...

Do it! I agree with everyone else who says YOU DESERVE IT! :) You're a mad woman, major super-woman, and definitely should be able to treat yourself.