Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ring out wild bells

Oh man.

So much to say...so little ability to string it all out into sentences right now.

New Year's was fab. I had a great time in Colorado and came home with: a really cute vest from Urban Outfitters, a renewed love for Anthropologie's textiles, $3 signature lotion from Bath and Body Works (best sale I have ever seen there), gratitude for snow plows, and plenty to think about. I finished off the weekend with a trip to IKEA (bought glasses with elephants and penguins on them; they are awesome) and another night out for drinks and gelato. Lycheetinis are interesting. I also got to help Jody move into her new apartment near me! (yay!) It sort of felt like coming full circle since the last time she moved out, I also helped her move in.

I was going to post this up before I left, but I had to catch a flight so I'll post it now:

RESOLUTIONS 2009!!!!

*I really like resolutions since they're sort of like mini goals, and this year I went all out. Categorized and everything:

Academic:
  • Spend at least 6 hours in the lab a week
  • Study for o chem at least 4 1/2 hours a week (yeah, I know it's still not enough, but that's 4 1/2 specific hours that I'm scheduling in my planner every week, not to be pushed aside for anything)
  • Get more information about French internships and start looking into what I need to do to get one for summer '10
Spiritual:
  • Do my visiting teaching!!
  • Go to the temple once a week
  • Find a way to do service on a regular basis
Physical:
  • Restrict eating candy, baked goods, etc to Fridays and holidays (which includes my birthday :))
  • Practice 4 times a week....with or without a partner :)
  • Treadmill once a week (also not really enough, but I just don't have enough hours in the day with all that o chem, physics, french, and o chem lab studying I'm going to be doing because...
I am getting good grades this semester!! Not just "good enough to barely be able to keep my scholarship" like this semester. Good grades as in a solid A in o chem and French (which I should've had this semester if I hadn't been so lazy in the homework...really though, 6 oral exercises every day? Ugh. It's so obnoxious to everyone around me to speak French to myself, so the only place I can do them is at home, but I'm never home...anyway...I'm a little bitter about that one...)

I love having the opportunity to start over, to do better, to fix past mistakes. Here's to the best semester yet. Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

kyliebrooke|s said...

good goals! good luck with all of them. since you're so awesome, you'll rock them all.