Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2017 highlights

January: Women's March in Philadelphia
This photo quality is terrible, but I love it because our regional church women's leadership is in it with us (Stake YW Pres and Relief Society Pres), and you can see the temple spire in the background. 

 April: Thesis defense!

April: Trip to LA! Met perfect baby niece Linden for the first time
Also ate a lot of good donuts and ice cream, visited a magical bookstore (hi, The Last Bookstore), and got to see the Broad. Met up with old BYU chemistry friend Naomi and my cousin Nick.

 May: PhD Graduation
Aaron's mom came out to celebrate with us, and we found a new favorite restaurant (Talula's Garden).

June: Roadtrip to North Carolina
Scoped things out to see if we wanted to move there (we did! we are!)

July: Trip to San Francisco and Sea Ranch
Sea Ranch is so beautiful it's unreal. Also, there are SEALS!

July: Saw Hamilton with my aunt Jenny
(10/10, would recommend)


October: Seminar at BYU & weekend in Seattle
I got to give my first ever "real" research seminar while at BYU, and we got to meet up with my beloved Bowen roomies Kristen and Amanda in Seattle.

 November: Surprised Aaron's family by showing up in Utah for Thanksgiving
(not our dog)

 November: Stayed with my cousin Sasha for a materials science conference in Boston
Also got to meet up with former labmate and dear friend Yanfei for ramen.

 December: Christmas in Utah with my family
MOA, Brick Oven, donut-making, Quiplash-playing ensued.

In spite of the terrible state of American politics, it turns out my personal 2017 was actually fantastic. I got to do/see/accomplish a lot of things I've wanted to do for a long time, and I got to spend my time with many of my favorite people.

Here's to an even better 2018!

No comments: