Monday, July 8, 2013

dole pineapple whip for the first time was as wonderful as pinterest led me to believe it would be

After Rachel's wedding, we went with my family on our merry way to the happiest place on earth: Grandma's house in SoCal! Also, Disneyland.



Abby's head is down or hidden in every single rollercoaster picture we got (she's behind me). And I can't get over Jenny's face (behind sleeping Aaron). 

Our niece Brooklyn is beyond obsessed with Disney princesses, so Aaron decided to make her believe that we got the princesses to call her while at Disneyland. I pretended to be Rapunzel while talking to Brook, and then I handed the phone to Jenny to belt out a beautiful rendition of "At last I see the light, it's like the fog is lifting!" (Jenny is a phenomenal singer.) Later, we actually found Rapunzel, and Aaron thought it would be great if we could get a picture with her holding Aaron's phone to prove to Brook she had been talking to her. Too bad Rapunzel was a little sassy and too good at staying in character because she acted like she didn't know what a cell phone was, and the result was the photo below. 


Brook still bought it.


Besides Disneyland, we also went to the science museum at USC. Seeing the space shuttle Endeavour was actually really cool. It's pretty incredible that they were ever to get something that huge to fly, let alone make it to outer space for 25 missions. USA! USA!


Other highlights included La Brea tar pits, where I learned that direwolves are not something George R. R. Martin made up in Game of Thrones, but that he probably embellished a bit on their size and psychic abilities, Rocket Fizz candy shop, shopping at the Grove (Abby got not one, but two dolls at the American Girls store! My 11 year-old self is appalled at the injustice of that), swimming in the Burbank pool, watching Monsters University, eating taquitos with the green avocado sauce at Olvera Street, and the obligatory In-N-Out experience. 

All in all, an excellent West Coast trip.

3 comments:

amanda said...

1. I really want to try dole whip! (Thanks Pinterest)
2. I want that striped shirt; where is it from?
3. You pull off the half tucked thing SO WELL. I always try (with you as my inspiration) and it looks terrible. Tips?
4. Jenny's face!!!!!!
5. Sounds so fun!!

Sara said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun trip. Now I want to try a Dole Whip. Maybe the pinterest copy-cat recipes are worth a try.